- Learn how to network at a cocktail reception with experienced diplomats
- Attend briefings at Israel’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Knesset (Parliament)
- Gain an insider perspective along Israel’s contested borders with Gaza, Syria and Lebanon
- Take part in a hands-on diplomatic simulation on the IDC Lauder School campus
- Learn the art of diplomatic negotiations and media outreach
- Grapple with unique diplomatic challenges and opportunities in Jerusalem
In this moment of paradigm shift in Israel’s regional and global relations, you’ll have the chance to dive deep into the current challenges and explore opportunities for progress.
Based on our flagship Israel Quest itinerary, your journey through the must-see sights of Israel will be enriched by the college-level learning, giving you unique insights into the past, present and future of this remarkable land.
ABOUT THE COURSE
This program is taught at the prestigious Lauder School of Government, Diplomacy and Strategy. All lecturers and guest speakers are either academic experts or practitioners with a specific expertise in their field. All sessions will be held in English, lectures will be led by the Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzliya.
Participants in this course learn through a combination of theory and practice, giving you on-the-ground insights into modern international relations in the Middle East.
The course outline includes:
- Israel’s Foreign Policy
- Media in Conflict Zones
- Hands-on Negotation Simulation
- Middle East Challenges & Opportunities
- The return of the Russian front?
- Public Diplomacy 2.0 – Hands-on Simulation
- Diplomat at the Bar – An informal session with Amb. Ron Prosor
- The Next Generation Pitch night & Farewell reception
ABOUT THE ITINERARY
Combined with our most popular and balanced itinerary, Israel Quest, explore Israel’s natural beauty, epic 3,000-year history, and many colorful cultural traditions. Through the course of this journey you’ll form new cross-cultural friendships with Israeli and American peers, experience all the must-see/must-do highlights of Israel, and return home with a new sense of perspective and wonder.
And once you’re home, there’s still more to discover. Explore your post-trip options.