ABOUT THE COURSE
This program is taught by the Hebrew University’s Department of Archaeology in cooperation with the Rothberg International School. Participants will be taught by some of the preeminent scholars in the field while they gain hands-on experience.
Students in this course will learn through a fascinating mix of lectures, field trips to various archaeological sites throughout Israel and participation in archaeological digs.
The program includes:
- An Archaeological introduction to the Land of the Bible
- Lectures on the historical geography of the land of Canaan
- Visit to Bible-lands museum
- Tours of Archaeological sites throughout Jerusalem
- Lessons on the history and culture of the Ancient Near East
- Tours of archaeological sites in the Galilee
- Lectures on the United Monarchy and biblical literature
- Field trips to archaeological sites including Shepheila, Lachish, Khirbet Qeiyafa, Khiret el-Rad, Ashqelon, Beit Guvrin, Qumran and Masada
ABOUT THE ITINERARY
Combined with our most popular and balanced itinerary, Israel Quest, explore Israel’s natural beauty, epic 3,000-year history, and many colorful cultural traditions. Through the course of this journey you’ll form new cross-cultural friendships with Israeli and American peers, experience all the must-see/must-do highlights of Israel, and return home with a new sense of perspective and wonder.
And once you’re home, there’s still more to discover. Explore your post-trip options.