Ready to join the Israel Outdoors staff team? Staffing a Birthright Israel trip with Israel Outdoors is both a privilege and a responsibility. As a member of our team, you’ll be helping to share the gift of Birthright Israel with participants in an incredibly powerful, once-in-a-lifetime way. Read on to see if this position is the right fit for you!
Staff Eligibility Rules
To be eligible for a North American trip staff position, you must meet the following minimum requirements established by Birthright Israel:
- Age 21 or above
- Extended experience in Israel on an educationally-oriented program (beyond being a participant in a Birthright Israel trip)
- Leadership experience within the Jewish community
- Proven leadership qualities and experience
About the Position
While staffing a trip can be an exciting experience, we also rely on you to manage multiple responsibilities, including:
- Manage the airport departure and in-flight travel
- Support the Israeli guide in all aspects of the trip
- Ensure the smooth running of the group: logistically, socially and experientially
- Serve as a role model for participants throughout the program
- Assist in leading educational discussion groups and informal programming
While the position is unpaid, all expenses are covered on the program, and in most cases, staff members are able to extend their tickets. Please note, Israel Outdoors does not cover staff travel costs to the departure airport within the United States.
How to Apply
To apply, simply complete the application form and we will be in touch with you personally regarding eligibility. Be prepared to provide names and contact information for two (2) references who can attest to your Jewish leadership experience. You will also be asked to create a 60-second “How-To” video showcasing your presentation style. Please do not begin the application until you have created this video, uploaded it to Dropbox, YouTube, Vimeo or Google Drive, and are prepared to share the link.
Assuming you are eligible, we will begin the scheduling process.
Due to limited trip availability, we cannot absolutely guarantee you a staffing position, even if you meet all the requirements. We ask for your patience in advance and promise to be fully open and fair with you at every stage. Once you have been officially selected to staff a trip, we will conduct a mandatory staff training session in person or over teleconference.