Before registering you’ll want to first figure out:
- What kind of Israel Outdoors experience option you prefer
- Approximately what time of year you want to travel
Tip: You will be asked to select trip details when you first register, but don’t worry. Those choices are not binding. It’s just meant to give us a sense of your interests.
Between registration seasons, you can start signing up early to:
- Get a head start on creating a registration account
- Claim priority status for the next 2 seasons of trips
MORE: SIGN UP NOW
Tip: This is one gift you can only receive once. Be sure to choose “Tlalim-Israel Outdoors” as your official Birthright Israel trip organizer.
Official registration will be available for summer and winter trips as follows:
- Summer 2017 | Open NOW
- Winter 2017-18 | Opening in September 2017 (TBD)
Tip: Complete your entire registration, including submitting the $250 refundable deposit right away. Due to high demand registration can close with short notice.
Within 48 hours of completing the Primary Application you’ll be invited to our Secondary Application where you will:
- Select specific trip dates and types
- Tag any travel companion requests, and note important medical or dietary background
MORE: Secondary Application
Tip: The more flexibility you have with your trip date choices, the greater your chances of being selected.
We’ll conduct a phone interview before we officially offer you a trip. This is an opportunity…
- For us to ensure that you’re eligible for the Birthright Israel Gift
- For you to get all of your questions answered
MORE: Eligibility Criteria
Tip: Don’t panic if you don’t hear from us immediately! The order in which we interview you has no relationship to how we make trip offers.
ACCEPT YOUR SPOT!
Trip offers begin within 3-4 weeks of registration opening. Here’s how it works:
- You’ll receive a trip offer message asking you to log into the Secondary Application to accept your spot
- You can withdraw without penalty till the cancellation deadline
MORE: Deposit Terms
Tip: If the trip you want isn’t available, we’ll try to work with you to get on a back-up trip, or we can place you on a wait-list in case a spot opens.
Register for Summer 2017. SIGN UP NOW
Who Gets on What?
Israel Outdoors assigns applicants to trips according to when you complete your application. We consider your application to be complete after you have fully finished the Primary Application, including submitting the refundable trip deposit. We recommend completing the Primary Application with Israel Outdoors on the first day of registration to give yourself the best chance of getting on the trip you want. All applications completed on the first day will be treated the same no matter what time of day they are received. If you pre-register with Israel Outdoors in advance of general registration opening, you’ll get an additional boost when it comes to trip assignments. In addition to honoring a first-come-first-served registration policy, priority trip selection status is granted to applicants who have applied in past seasons as well as to applicants who are about to turn 27 (i.e. about to age out of their eligibility).